At Thornicroft Lodge our rate includes everything you need for a perfect safari including two amazing game drives a day in the National Park, all meals and accommodation in one of our comfortable river-view chalets.
We might be able to offer standard or budget safari packages from Lilongwe, Malawi.
Special: Our Thornicroft / Bush Camp combination. Please see below for more details.
|16th of October to|
30th of June
|Per Person per night (chalet)||US$ 195||US$ 235|
|Limited availability special rate||US$ 185||US$ 225|
|1st July to 15th October 2015||Sharing||Single|
|Per Person per night (chalet)||US$ 225||US$ 275|
|Limited availability special rate||US$ 200||US $ 250|
Each month we offer only a few chalets at our special rate. Perhaps we might have a last minute offer!
Included in all packages are:
- Accommodation in one of our river front chalets
- All Meals, tea/coffee and water from our borehole
- An early morning 4hr game drive and 4hr afternoon/night drive (per full day stay) in South Luangwa NP with an expert safari guide in an open 4WD vehicle.
- Snacks, tea and coffee on safari
Excluded in the above rate:
- Transfer to and from Mfuwe Airport (US $30 per vehicle one way),
- Drinks from the bar,
- National Park entrance fees [US about $25 p/p per day, to be paid at the park entrance].
Examples of Safari Packages
|Rates||Price per person (Sharing)||Single Supplement|
|4 day / 3 nights Safari from Lilongwe (min. 2 persons)
||Depends of number of persons. Ask for a quote||US $120|
|8 day / 7 nights Big Cat and Bush Safari (not in raining season)
Peak Season 2015
Low Season 2015
Thornicroft Tented Camp
|Example: 3 nights safari package US$ 480 pp (low season) or $540 pp (high season)||$25 per night|
|An example of a 4 day /3 night stay with us|
|Day 1||Arrival at Thornicroft Lodge. Time for a shower, rest and overnight. Our cook will serve a delicious dinner 19:30 onwards. After dinner you can enjoy a cool drink at the bar, in the comfortable lounge, around the fireplace or on your private veranda.|
|Day 2||After a light snack with tea & coffee we depart for a morning drive at 06H00. All game drives are taken in open game viewing vehicles, to optimise your pleasure and experience. Drinks and snacks are taken along for your enjoyment whilst in the park. Depending on game sightings, we return to the lodge around 10H00 for a scrumptious "brunch". An afternoon rest, swim, tea then we again head out for our afternoon/ night drive at around 16H00 - returning to the lodge at 20H00. Evening Dinner|
|Day 3||Awake early to the noisy calls of the birds ready for your second morning game drive. We aim to spot wildlife you were unlucky to see yesterday and discover more of the park. Depending on game sightings, we return to the lodge around 10H00 for a scrumptious "brunch". An afternoon rest, swim, tea then we again head out for our afternoon/ night drive at around 16H00 for your last safari hoping to see more amazing wildlife - returning to the lodge at 20H00. Evening Dinner|
|Day 4||After 2 days of early starts we have a well-earned lie-in and Breakfast at 8H00. Afterwards you have time to relax before departure. If you leave by plane we can visit Tribal Textiles on the way to catch your flight|
When the rains and the Luangwa river allow us Thornicroft Lodge is open from the end of March until the 20th of January. The tented camp is closed from January - March.
A 25% deposit is required to confirm your booking. This can be made via a bank transfer or via our Paypal account. In the lodge you can pay cash in local currency or with your Visa card. We cannot handle credit card payments through internet.
Customise your safari:
We can customise your stay with us to meet your specific needs. You can mix and match options to create a personal safari but be aware that a package is cheaper in most cases.
- Room and board only available from US $115 in low season per person per night. Single suppl. US $50
- Transfer Mfuwe airport - US $30 one way per booking (max 4 persons)
- Additional game drive - US $60 per person
- Additional walking Safari - US $80 per person or upgrade for just $25 pp (min 4 people)
- We can arrange a babysitter when you go on a game drive
- We might be able to arrange tailor made transfers from Malawi to Thornicroft Lodge
- Any other wishes??? Just ask and we'll find out whether it is possible.
With just 9 beautiful chalets, we like to make sure you are always on your safari and not part of the herd. Find out more